Category: Community

28 Mar

Simple Stress Reduction

These times call for stress reduction! For me, some techniques are obvious: relive fun travel memories by sorting through photos to decide what to paint; immerse myself in “the zone” when I paint; enjoy knowing my paintings make collectors feel good. You can also get in the zone by working out, or reading a good […]

13 Feb

Rude, Ignorant Time?

That doesn’t refer to current events, though it certainly could. It is a quote from an artist named Nicolas Roerich. He believed cultural heritage is a world treasure comprised of buildings, art, universities, libraries, concert halls and theaters.  He said they must all be “protected from the ravages of war and neglect, for without them […]

22 Nov

Diderot Effected?

The Diderot effect says people purchase things that are generally complementary to one another and that relate to their sense of identity. When something new deviates, though, it can cause a domino effect of more consumption. Perhaps the new kitchen/car/shoes make existing possessions look shabby, and suddenly everything must be upgraded. Coined by anthropologist Grant […]

©2022, Beth Pite  including all images on this website. All rights reserved.